Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks: Review & Swatches!

So I started playing around with the new Kat Von D Studded lipsticks recently when I was at work at Sephora....and it was love at first swatch! These are a newly formulated lipstick line from Kat Von D. I have been a fan of her makeup line for a while now. She just has such a unique, funky edge to her line that I just love! 

There are 30 shades in the line, and I believe 12 of them are brand new shades! 

Here is how these lipsticks are described on Sephora's website: 
"What it is: An innovative lipstick that coats lips with bold color,10-hour wear, and luxe comfort."
"What it does: Drench your lips with bold color and unstoppable femininity. Designed to look as rock ‘n roll as its wearer, this revolutionary, hybrid lipstick is formulated with Color Cushion Technology that combines 10-hour wear, one-swipe payoff, and velvet touch comfort. This color-true lipstick leaves lips supple, and its wide color spectrum offers stunning shades, including red for every skintone, statement-making colors, and classic, everyday neutrals."

All of that is absolutely true!  These are long wearing, comfortable, and there is a color for just about everyone - from wearable, everyday shades to dark, vampy shades to even lavenders and a blue!  I love how funky and fun this line is! 

The packaging, first off, is awesome. It's studded, matching the name perfectly. The casing does feel a bit like cheap plastic, but it doesn't bother me because the shape is amazing and the product inside is awesome! 

I (badly) picked up 6 shades....and there are already more that I'm eyeing! 

Left to right: Lovecraft, Thin Lizzy, Archangel, Lullabye, Bauhau5, Wolvesmouth

Now for swatches! 
Left to right: Wolvesmouth, Bauhau5, Lullabye, Archangel, Thin Lizzy, Lovecraft.
I apologize that these are backwards from above. I tried to flip the picture around, but it just looked strange! Haha!  

Of the shades I grabbed, Wolvesmouth, Lullabye, and Archangel are all new shades. The rest are old shades that have been re-released in the new formula. 

Here are descriptions of the shades from Sephora's website:
Wolvesmouth - metallic berry
Bauhau5 - matte deep raspberry 
Lullabye - sparkling iridescent magenta violet
Archangel - matte burnt red
Thin Lizzy - sparkling brick copper
Lovecraft - matte mauve pink nude

And for comparison, here is MAC's Rebel vs. Bauhau5 and Wolvesmouth:
Left to right: Kat Von D Bauhau5, MAC Rebel, Kat Von D Wolvesmouth

I thought Bauhau5 would be an almost exact dupe for Rebel,  but it's definitely not. Bauhau5 is lighter and more raspberry, while Rebel has more purple tones to it. Wolvesmouth is a darker, more metallic version of Rebel...definitely a shade I've been on the hunt for! I love it!! 

As you can tell, I absolutely love these lipsticks! They wear well (and for a long time!) on the lips, they're comfortable, and I can't get over the fun, funky color selection! And they have that same, yummy vanilla scent that MAC lipsticks have! I'm a huge fan!! 

These retail for $21 and are a Sephora exclusive. Will you be picking up any of Kat Von D's new Studded Kiss lipsticks?  I already have a running list of more shades I want...like Sexer and Ecole Des Femmes. This could get dangerous for my wallet!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oooohh! I love the packaging! These look great. I'll definitely keep a look out for these the next time I'm in Sephora.
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great review post and swatch photos!

    ReplyDelete